[sudo-discuss] HELP: Water spilled on MacBook Air!

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Mon May 20 16:17:58 PDT 2013

Anthony & I are convergent for the most part, the exception being "fan
vs. hair dryer."

If you're going to use a hair dryer, use low heat or use it from a
sufficient distance, that the surface of the unit does not get any more
than slightly warm (the interior will get warmer since there'll be less
air movement inside).  Excessive heat can cause damage to components.

In any case do not leave a hair dryer running for more than a few
minutes at a time, since the hair dryer may get hot enough inside to be
unsafe.  When done using the hair dryer, unplug it from the wall socket.

Or use a fan as I posted earlier, in which case be sure to not put the
whole thing on the floor where it might get stepped on.

-G.

=====