[sudo-discuss] HELP: Water spilled on MacBook Air!

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Mon May 20 16:08:07 PDT 2013

Diana-

Remove the battery and disconnect the power NOW, and put the Macbook Air
in front of a fan that blows a stream of air across the keyboard and
into the openings on whichever side of the device has the most openings
(network jacks, vents, whatever).

Fortunately it's just water, so leaving it in front of a fan for
anywhere from 3 to 12 hours (overnight) should be sufficient to cause it
to evaporate and dry out without corrosion.  The risk is that power may
have been conducted by the water to places that cause damage to small
components, but that's not highly likely, and in any case you'll find
out tomorrow when you put the battery back in and plug in the power again.

Most likely, your symptoms are going to be limited to the trackpad and
other control inputs.  Trackpads in particular are sensitive to water,
but return to normal when dry.

-G.

=====