[sudo-discuss] Magnetic levitation + free stuff

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Sun May 19 14:36:20 PDT 2013

Hi folk, 2 part email here:

1) Let's do some magnetic levitation experiments.  I have been packing up and pulled off all my old neodymium magnets from my fridge, which i originally got for doing something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halbach_array
who wants to fabricate some magnetic and/or electromagnetic experiments later in the summer?  also this http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-1000-watt-wind-turbine/

2) I am moving and have the following stuff available for free to you peeps - my old place is by international and 3rd ave:
-1 toaster oven, dirty but highly effective
-2 different styles of plastic drawers which i used for tshirts, undies, etc (since co-op days...must be quality built)
-1 large mirror, approximately 2' X 3' with wooden frame
-1 ikea bookshelf, pretty cool with an L-shaped back wall (2 walls at 90 degrees) for vertical or horizontal organization
-1 black metal 2-drawer filing cabinet
-1 coat/hat rack
-1 white wooden bookshelf, low and long, possible tv stand/entertainment center base
-1 white sheet metal bread box, about 1'x18'x2'.  light weight but too big for me to hang onto

maybe more

i'll be around today/tonight and tomorrow night if anyone wants to grab this stuff before it goes on the curb/CL - email me back or call or best of all text 21oh-38seven-752one sorry for anti-webcrawler number :)

cheers,
hol