[sudo-discuss] DystopiaNews: "Let them eat bugs!"

Shawn Lesniak moderkaka at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:21:34 PDT 2013

Do you eat produce? Then you're already eating insects
http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/SanitationTransportation/ucm056174.htm

excerpt: "RAISINS, GOLDEN	Insects and insect eggs
(AOAC 969.42 & MPM-V76) 10 or more whole or equivalent insects and 35
Drosophila eggs per 8 oz."

Pork is verboten for Jews and Muslims because of their scripture, not
because we haven't found a way to force them to eat it.  Eating pork is
not as resource friendly as eating insects.
I don't eat meat, that doesn't make meat dirt to me.

No one will be forced to eat insects by any force other than meat
getting expensive.

Your categories beg the question, are insects dirt?  I say dirt is dirt,
food is food, paper is paper, and poop is poop.  If you're living in the
right area you will eat people, fish, insects, or diet coke.  If insects
produce nutritious food at a decent price, why not?  Seriously!

The types of insects being considered for food (caterpillars and
mealworms specifically) do not eat sewage, btw.  If you know of any
insects that somehow eat sewage and become edible food, let me know
because I've never heard of that.

I've heard of plants using processed cow dung as fertilizer though, and
I'm ok with eating it, are you?

If you put aside the false equivalences of your 4 categories, can you
still make a case against insects as food?

> -G.  (creative commons; non-commercial use, with attribution)

you objected to the list being archived with your name, how would you
like to be cited if your article is republished elsewhere?