[sudo-discuss] Seattle's Feminist / Trans-positive Hackerspace

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Wed May 15 13:15:59 PDT 2013

 I really want to know more about what makes this space more "feminist,
woman-centered, and trans- and queer-inclusive" then any other space
specifically.

I know that most hacker spaces would love to be more inclusive in those
ways, but most of us know first hand that just declaring something an
inclusive or safe space doesn't make it one. I'd be curious to know how
specifically they are going about organizing around the idea of gender and
sexuality inclusiveness.

--Andrew

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM, John Love <john at curiousjohn.com> wrote:

> As a queer hacker desiring more queer/fem/trans/POC friendly spaces this
> excites me! Thanks for sharing! :)
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Rabbit <rabbitface at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome!
>>
>> I would love to brainstorm about how to make Sudo Room as welcoming as
>> possible to queer/trans/fem/etc people.
>> I'm genderqueer and if anyone has questions about how to be kind to
>> genderqueer and trans people I would really love to have a friendly
>> conversation about it.
>>
>> Relatedly, there's a women/trans/non-male group at Noisebridge
>> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Anarchafeminist_Hackerhive
>> http://bookmaniac.org/feminist-hackerhive-meetups/
>>
>> Also BTW there's a free programming boot camp for trans people in SF:
>> http://transcodesf.org/en/
>>

>> -- Rabbit
>> who prefers "them/they" pronouns
>>

>> P.S. Also of course there are many kinds of inclusivity to strive for in
>> addition to this
>>

>> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Romy Snowyla <romy at snowyla.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Rad!!
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad