[sudo-discuss] Saturday was a great day .// May 11 report

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun May 12 00:35:48 PDT 2013

I started the day out a little grumpy, hungover and not having gotten a lot
of sleep the night before. There were rough edges.

[image: Inline image 1]

here is max's drawing from our today i learned comics art and more 3d
printing jam
we are still trying to figure out the right fill type (not honeycomb) in
this case... if we had made this thinner the drawing would be more
apparent...

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/page/ComicsAndMore

- I feel good because last night & today even more 3D Printing experts
apprenticed me
- I feel like there were all these people who are excellent cartoonists and
artists who came out of the woodwork. there were also lots of new people
willing to learn. this collaboration i'd been craving for a while came to
happen.
- new people came to the space and someone's friend even stayed behind and
started writing technical documentation in our wiki for 3D Printing (new
stranger but potential new member!)
- oakland nights was packed, a few people came in but it was mostly a calm
working night
- people were putting up a lot of the drawings, we hope to decorate more in
teh space
- S brought a hella ton of art supplies without me even asking for today i
learned. thanks dude!
- someone's mom walked in off the street and talked about hanging out with
her daughter at art events in oakland. it's always good when that happens.

all of our problems are really not that bad and not much more dramatic than
a lot of stuff you experience living with roommates. it is really nice when
we create together.