[sudo-discuss] Anti-Semitism today: was Re: Power: nyms, part 1: improper nouns.

revphil revphil at gmail.com
Fri May 10 16:24:38 PDT 2013

My BikeSmut organizer in Budapest and I were talking about Hungary's
democracy 3 weeks ago:

It's definitely falling, and these guys are building their dictatorship. I
can't tell from which point is it considered done. I think the people of
Germany were confused in a very similar way in the '30's.
I think of that era a lot. Germany and Hungary in the 1930's.
So much in common. A governance with strong, centralized propaganda,
showing off to Europe as democratic, to Hungarians as organised, strict and
self-confident, while actually institutions are run by dilettante idiots.
They are quarrelling about who's in charge of what. Just like the 3d Reich.
There are new laws and regulations literally every morning. Overnight laws.
Like: let's criminalize this, I don't like this. And then a few weeks later
it's a law. And if it doesn't fit the Constitution? Let's overwright the
Constitution. Tomorrow.
It's crazy, and bizzarre.
Simply: am I looking at jobs abroad? Every week man, every week. My son is
2. And the new education system will affect his life in 1 or 2 years. I'm
not gonna let that happen.
But it's different then it's seen from the US. This is not going to be a
long lasting dictatorship. And I'm not saying this because I'm an optimist.
They are going down the drain in a few years. But on the way they will
demolish our society, making more long lasting damages. And when they go
down, the Nazis come up. Maybe not for long, but... One day of Nazi power
is more then hell.
So basically, yes on mid-term this country has fallen. A man's life. So
there is a chance, that my grandchildren will speak Swedish, English, or
German.
I hope that makes it clearer.
<snip>

It is unnerving how quickly our institutions can fail us. Alarmist but
encouraging to make communities.

rev

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 2:19 AM, GtwoG PublicOhOne <g2g-public01 at att.net>wrote:

> Eddan and Yo's-
>
> The third-largest Parliamentary party in Hungary is on an anti-Semitic
> rip tear, staging a black-shirt rally and making statements that sound
> like something from the Nazis of the early 20th century.
>
> I ran across this in the Beeb today:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22413301
>
> Quoting the article:
>
> "Hungary's far-right Jobbik party has staged a rally in central Budapest
> in protest at the capital's hosting of the World Jewish Congress (WJC)
> on Sunday. ...  The party, which says it aims to protect Hungarian
> values and interests, is the third largest in parliament.  It regularly
> issues anti-Semitic statements.
>
> ""The Israeli conquerors, these investors, should look for another
> country in the world for themselves because Hungary is not for sale,"
> party chairman Gabor Vona told the rally, according to Reuters news agency.
>
> "The focus of (the WJC's) summit this year will be on the "alarming rise
> of neo-Nazi political parties and anti-Semitic incidents in several
> European countries, including Hungary", (WJC) says on its website."
>
> And let's not forget the history of "ethnic cleansing" in Europe in the
> past few decades:
>
> As Max will attest, the UK/European English usage of the term
> "cleansing", as in "Public Cleansing Department," refers to refuse
> collection and disposal.
>
> Thus the term "ethnic cleansing" implies the treatment of targeted
> minorities as so much refuse to be disposed of.
>
> Lest we think of America as somehow less infected with hate-viruses, the
> United States Secret Service reported a 400% increase in threats against
> the President during Obama's first term, as compared to previous
> presidents.  400%.  That's just the most obvious statistic, but behind
> it are poisonous attitudes of all kinds, that express themselves without
> restraint in many many ways.
>
> Never Again?  Never say "never."  Eternal vigilance is not only the
> price of freedom, it's the price of preventing another paroxysm of the
> supreme evils of which humans have proven themselves capable.
>
> -G.

7 years of sex-positive, human-powered porno
________Hop on The Porny Express________