[sudo-discuss] Potential for Art Murmur and Solano Art Walk

revphil revphil at gmail.com
Thu May 9 18:46:04 PDT 2013

Thanks for the link and the recap. It all sounds like a good kind of
provocative. I adore old theaters and while I prob wont be able to do much
towards making a movie in the couple weeks I have left I hope to at least
see it! There is a farm occupation gathering Saturday at noon at Albany
City Hall. Maybe on the way back I can drop in?

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Patrick Schmidt
<psbschmidt at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi y'all,
>
> Even if a long movie on Art Murmur is not the most social event, it
> was a very good movie and I am glad we watched it.  (Money and Life)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0xRkaJCs5g
> Interestingly our neighbor (the door next to the kitchen) seemed to
> completely disagree with the core message and it seemd to be defending
> our current system.
> The piano on the street was a wonderful thing, thanks Sam &co.
>
> With the Art Murmur we have a big potential to grow something awesome.
> I hope our community will grow, continue to open up, embrace
> diversity, and will have many awesome projects, discussions and
> exchange to come.
> We live in very interesting times and this opening up might be the key
> to something really special that can happen in Oakland.
> I hope  as a community we will stay away from accusation, blame and
> criticism and focus on what unites us. coming together and creating a
> better future.
>
> One thing that we could easily pull of is making the Art Murmur event
> @ Sudo to networking and community event for hackers, creatives,
> change agents, activists, green movements...
> we can invite all the hackerspaces around and all the non profits we
> are connected with and  reach out to more local groups. (Monthly BACH
> Networking ?)
>
> Similar the Second Saturdays we have the Solano Art Walk in Berkeley.
>
> With inspiration and help of our Community we declared the Open Fine
> Art Gallery a Hackerspace. It is located in the storage room of the
> vacant1
> it has a secret entrance to inside the theatre. we could make a movie in
> there.
> (what about a movie about reclaiming the theatre, maybe it will be a
> self-fulfilling prophecy)
>
> if we create a well networked community and reach out to the first and
> generation hackers who made it to money I believe we could reclaim the
> whole theater and BACH Hacker University/Hotel/Conference
> Center/Theater/Space/School
>
> Saturday June 8th will be the first official "Solano Art Walk", and it
> would be wonderful to show
> the local community here what and how awesome hackerspaces are.
> Maybe with a huge map of the bay area with all the hackerspaces,
> electronic kits, LED strips...
> any art projects that sudoers and other hackers might wanna show.
>
> This Saturday May 11th we have an art opening as well, 7-9pm is a good
> time to come by
> and check out the space and share visions for the future.
>
> Maybe someone wants to come out and wants to declare the space
> 'Sudo-gallery"
>
> the space is payed for until july, all events are free and donation based,
> the rules are "be excellent to each other and say hi"
> the conflict resolution is we focus on love peace and unity (we do not
> support hate, separation or fear).
> -------

> [...]

7 years of sex-positive, human-powered porno
________Hop on The Porny Express________