[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [noise at ischool] Fwd: 24 hours left to apply for AdaCamp San Francisco (June 8&9)

mattsenate@gmail.com mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:02:12 PDT 2013

// Matt

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "Megan Finn" <megfinn at ischool.berkeley.edu>
To: "noise at ischool" <noise at ischool.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [noise at ischool] Fwd: 24 hours left to apply for AdaCamp San Francisco (June 8&9)
Date: Wed, May 8, 2013 6:20 AM
---------- Forwarded message ----------

AdaCamp San Francisco: June 8&9

"AdaCamp DC was a fantastic experience, one of the best conferences I've been to!" - AdaCamp DC attendee

AdaCamp attendees
Applications for AdaCamp San Francisco are still open but closing today! AdaCamp SF is a two-day unconference for supporters of women in open technology and culture held on Saturday June 8 & Sunday June 9, 2013, in San Francisco,  California. At an unconference, the topics of conference sessions are  chosen by the conference participants on the day of the conference.  Topics may include fan fiction and fan culture, open education, open  source, Wikipedia and related projects, open data, open government,  social justice, recruiting and retaining women, activism, parenting, any  intersectional topics, career development, and of course, feminism.

This year AdaCamp has two tracks. The main track is for people who  identify as significantly female, and includes unconference sessions, an  Impostor Syndrome workshop,  tutorials, lightning talks, and a hackathon (several hours for group  collaboration on projects, not necessarily coding or hacking). The  allies track is for people of any gender, and consists of a 2 hour Allies Workshop on Saturday morning, teaching simple ways to support women in open technology and culture, followed by an unconference for the rest of the day.

AdaCamp is invitation-only, but we encourage everyone interested in attending to apply.  You do not have to write code, have a job in open tech/culture, be a  certain age, or be anything other than a supporter of women in open  tech/culture. We value diversity of all sorts: age, race, geographical  locations, language, sexuality, gender identity, educational background,  hobbies, spiritual or religious beliefs, and other areas. Find out more  about the diversity of previous AdaCamp attendees by reading the final report for the most recent AdaCamp. Child-feeding parents are welcome. Unfortunately no further travel funding is available.

If you want to know more about whether AdaCamp SF is right for you, read the final report from the most recent AdaCamp, AdaCamp DC.

Applications to AdaCamp San Francisco will close in 24 hours on Wednesday May 8 11:59 PM California time (06:59AM Thursday UTC).

"The experience profoundly changed me. I'm looking  into volunteer and educational opportunities that I would not have  considered before attending AdaCamp. And I really want to share what I'm  doing." - AdaCamp attendee

 We thank our gold level sponsors Mozilla, Automattic and Google Site Reliability Engineering; and our silver level sponsors Linux Foundation, Red Hat, Intel, and Puppet Labs; for their support of AdaCamp San Francisco.
 To learn more about sponsoring AdaCamp, email sponsors at adainitiative.org.

Forward this email

This email was sent to megfinn at ischool.berkeley.edu by contact at adainitiative.org  |

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™  |  Privacy Policy.

Ada Initiative Inc | 1117 Geary Blvd #311 | San Francisco | CA | 94109