[sudo-discuss] cuddling it

Alcides Gutierrez alcides888 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 13:44:38 PDT 2013

I like Eddan's idea of Mad Libs sounds pretty fun! I think a more positive
title could be used though? :D

Anthony's view is interesting. I think it deserves attention. I don't
completely share that perspective, though. I think this exercise can be a
community builder if that's what people wanted. I can see this cant
inviting curious minds to explore more as they are exposed to different
terms than they normally encounter.

I believe outsiders that are intrigued may adopt some terms. If we can
strategically invest energy into creating a positive lingo, why not? There
are many ways to generate and many ways to distribute. And levels of
complexity even... Adding to the level of coolness...

Perhaps an equal amount of energy should be made to choose associations
that suggest meanings at the first mention, or perhaps exercises to create
dialogues that surround the coined phrase to be suggestive. Or even to put
an effort to use coined phrases with the intent to explain what the phrase
is intended to suggest.

"Dude, we made such beautiful code today. Sorry, I mean we had a great
discussion today. Let's do it again soon!" *

* I'm using "beautiful code" as an example from off the top of my head. Not
suggesting a new coined phrase.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Anthony Di Franco <di.franco at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, creating and using a cant is one of the most extreme
>> steps a group can take to make itself opaque to outsiders, so it wouldn't
>> be very inclusive.
>>
> +1 to that!
>
> Patrik

Alcides Gutierrez