[sudo-discuss] should we hire someone to clean up after events?

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun May 5 08:44:46 PDT 2013

SudoRoom is a hackerspace. Our skillset is not cleaning, especially
cleaning the big main room.

*- Should we put aside $30-60 every time a group holds an event in our
space so that we can pay someone to clean up the common room?*
*- Should we pay someone $30-60 once  month to clean the common room for us?
*

I brought this up because we are realistically not going to get a lot of
members to clean the space. we are hackers. it is not our skillset. There
is not going to be a magical day when a hackerspace finds that all of its
members find cleaning to be a pleasurable act.

We are good at starting projects, drinking beer, looking for new spaces,
but we are definitely not great at cleaning.

Our landlord G is also receptive to the idea of us hiring someone to clean
up the common room after big events.

I personally suck at cleaning, I'm into doing it, but I would rather spend
my time hacking and working on projects. I spent a bit of time cleaning up
the space Saturday morning, wiping down the tables int he main room and
vacuuming to prepare the space for the today I learned.