[sudo-discuss] "Uh-oh" department: Android app EULA: cameras and mics without your consent.

J Clark LitSL at manymedia.com
Wed Mar 27 06:57:06 PDT 2013

motto: resistance is futile.
Anyone watching Person of Interest?

Another reason to reconsider my position with Android/Google:

FBI Pursuing Real-Time Gmail Spying Powers as “Top Priority” for 2013
By Ryan Gallagher
March 26 2013
<http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/03/26/andrew_weissmann_fbi_wants_real_time_gmail_dropbox_spying_power.html>

thanks for sending this. i tried uninstalling Goog Search but can only uninstall the updates so now I'm back to the factory install. Will need to go find a root-level uninstaller now. Wondering how deep the waters are before I'm over my head.

  j.