[sudo-discuss] Power grid: part one: was Re: Sudo room should be about creating

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 16:44:17 PDT 2013

Relevant design questions:
How much power generation / storage / transmission capacity exists at
various scales?
How much of each should exist at each scale if taking advantage of
currently little-used technologies to improve overall system goals
(efficiency, resilience, ...)?
I claim a promising answer to the second set of questions is more
generation and storage at smaller scales (village / neighborhood / city
mainly with some at home), with a corresponding reduction in that at the
larger scales, not inconsistently with any of the things you pointed out.
Involving a very broad range of options including such as growing crops for
fuel to burn alongside waste at small scales.