[sudo-discuss] Sudo Kitchen - Dinner for Wed Nite is Smørrebrød

Ray Lai raymond.wm.lai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:49:56 PDT 2013

It's time for that hyggelig feeling! Let's hack Smørrebrød for Sudo Room's weekly dinner!

I've always loved Danish Open Faced Sandwiches. I'm inspired by food traditions that are not my own but translate into memories and comfort. I want to do my part to facilitate the pursuit of the quixotic SudoSandwich. Oh and Mark's parents are in town. :)

So I will bring some bread, butter, some toppings and maybe soup if I'm back in time from my mtg in sf.
And sudoers are invited to bring a favorite or interesting sandwich topping (or more bread, condiments, et al) This can include condiments. :) And if nothing else bring a healthy appetite.

Here are some reference points:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%C3%B8rrebr%C3%B8d

http://www.danishsandwich.com/

I realize this is a meat heavy food tradition, so hack it vegan style! Veggie bacon! Lucky ham! Grilled Tempeh! Local cheeses! Buddhist Veggie salmon! California avocados! Bring it!

A donation jar will be set out to defray food costs. No one turned away for lack of funds or contribution (seriously, no one is keeping count). Communities are brought together thru food. As we hack our community's DNA (sometimes for lengthy exhaustive times), a little nosh makes the evening better. Imho. :)

Cheers,

Raymond Lai
Ice Cream Man
Atomic Ice Cream