[sudo-discuss] Membership dues and such! (more things in the interest of our basic continued operation)

Tommy York tommy.york at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:39:29 PDT 2013

Hey everyone,

I'm going to arrive at our meeting tomorrow relatively early - and plan on
leaving relatively late - so that I can collect membership dues in the form
of checks and hopefully discuss with people the best method for setting up
a physical dropbox... or continuing to encourage people to use WePay, or
something else we can collaboratively figure out.

In the interim, I've collected very few memberhip dues for April and grow
concerned that we won't even meet our rent obligations, unless there's some
kind of donation collection I'm not aware of. (... is there?)

I'm counting these WePay donations, done in the month of March (link,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdDJqRHBYaWRiUDZhRXU5bTItY3RpOXc&usp=sharing)
:

3/1/2013 Julie Sammons
3/6/2013 Romy Ilano
3/8/2013 praveen sinha
3/12/2013 Juan Caballero
3/13/2013 Hilary Naylor
3/17/2013 matthew harbowy
3/18/2013 Naomi Sorbet

And one check, from Marina Kukso.

According to the budget timeline (link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE&usp=sharingbut
on spreadsheet "budget timeline"), this coming Wednesday would
optimally be the last of two Wednesdays of collecting membership dues /
donations / whatever we want to call them ("rent-share"?), with next
Wednesday as a buffer. This would keep us from grinding as close to the
metal as possible...

With love,
Tommy