[sudo-discuss] Spiritual analysis of last weeks Meeting

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:13:29 PDT 2013

*PLEASE READ THE "**ACTION ITEMS**" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE

*This all being said, by a facilitation oversight, announcements did not
occur prior to the rest of the agenda.

Having the announcements first is important. But even so, long discussions
are bound occur, so I agree with you that their frequency should be
minimized either by:

   - (a) more effectively approaching a large topic (such as through
   multiple sessions, seeking folks to work on some component of the topic
   outside the meeting and reporting back to all, etc) OR
   - (b) being very clever and implementing systems that help us ensure
   maximal clarity, transparency, brevity, and fairness--all with regard to
   the sudo values and the rest of the Articles of Association.

*ACTION ITEMS*

   1. For (a) I'd like to ask anyone who is interested to meet 30 minutes
   before this Wed mtg (so at 6:30pm) to form a Facilitation and Scribe Team
   for this week alone (no commitment). Email me if you are interested.
   2. Also for (a) I'd like to add to the agenda for this Wed that we seek
   help in forming a "Constitutional Convention Committee" that would organize
   and advertise a "Constitutional Convention" event that would focus on
   entertaining productive collaborative sessions on understanding the
   Articles, identifying ambiguity, and proposing specific options to move
   forward [e.g. a change to the articles, or a request for more insight]. The
   only requirement is that this group report back to the email list in time
   for an update by the next meeting, or in-person at the meeting.
   3. For (b) an example of good systems includes creating a "sub-page" on
   the wiki in order to demonstrate potential changes to the articles
   themselves (e.g.
   https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association/Constable). I'm
   offering myself, and seeking anyone else who would be generally available
   to demonstrate and encourage the use of sub-pages to draft changes, or
   other ways to improve the Articles, such as Bill's excellent
   http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Governance_tests.
   4. Also for (b) I want to add to the agenda of this Weds meeting that we
   include a brief discussion on how to share and consider all of our
   different, helpful, insightful perspectives on how groups are able to
   collaborate, other than the email list.