[sudo-discuss] Free month of pre-paid GSM phone service.

Anon195714 anon195714 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 19 06:56:34 PDT 2013

Hi Max-

Ouch, that sucks, hopefully you didn't lose a significant amount of $$
on that.

Question is: how would you prefer those things to work?  There's been
some talk on the Sudo lists about developing better cellphones from
scratch (with the ability to disable their surveillance modalities), and
I'm the resident oldschool formerly-naughty phone phreak so I'm
interested in various aspects of this.

What's the primary value of SIM cards to you?  Prepaid service, or
something else?

Would it be useful to have a mobile handset that has two or more
different phone numbers (and a Hold button), like a multi-line phone in
the landline universe?  (For example a personal number and a work number.)

Thanks-

-G.

=====