[sudo-discuss] DOOR ACCESS HACKING!

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Mon Mar 18 12:27:04 PDT 2013

Anon195714 : a spool of cat 5 would be great. Do you have a chrimper and
some ends for it?

*netdiva : *I would send an email to the list in a new thread asking if
anyone will be around. I'll be around this evening (around 6pm and on) and
I have keys . But if anyone else will be there they can let you in via the
intercom.

Thanks,
Andrew

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM, netdiva <netdiva at sonic.net> wrote:

> Question; if someone wants to get into sudoroom this afternoon, whats the
> best way to do that?
>

> On 3/17/2013 11:01 PM, Yardena Cohen wrote:
>
>> On 13-03-17-Sun 7:57 PM, Andrew wrote:
>>> sorry for YELLING, but this is critical to sudo room's continued
>>> operation.
>>> I will be around Monday and Tuesday evening to hack on door access
>>> mainly to
>>> install the keypad and get the raspi in a more stable state, even if that
>>> means having it restart every 20 minutes.
>>>

>> I just spent some time updating all the software, fixing some
>> networking issues, and disabling services on the raspi in question. It
>> had a full X server + desktop environment booting by default, even
>> with no display attached! So I disabled all that and now the memory
>> usage is much lower. I suspect the "OOM killer" was causing these
>> problems, which fits our experience of features/services dropping one
>> by one until nothing worked at all - first captive DNS would go away,
>> then web server would go away, then dhcpd would go away...
>>
>> It works now. Maybe this time it will work a few hours later. :)

-------
Andrew Lowe
Cell: 831-332-2507
http://roshambomedia.com