[sudo-discuss] Sudo Locksmiths' Co-op: right-livelihood work.

Anon195714 anon195714 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 2 17:52:18 PST 2013

Re. Anthony, re. "how to present this to the community we would seek to
serve."

Let's not be squeamish about using the word "marketing";-)

1)  Use the current publicity on our behalf.  "Why do you think we're
teaching this class?  We're planning to put the skills to work starting
a security services co-op.  People shouldn't have to pay $200 to get let
into their house..."

2)  Judging from the Yelp results that Rusty brought in, word-of-mouth
from referrals will be priceless.  Imagine seeing this in Yelp:

"I was locked out of my house late Friday night.  I called 510-555-SUDO
and left a message.  Fifteen minutes later someone texted me "Alice at
Sudo here, call my mobile," and her number.  A half hour after I called
her back, she shows up, dressed in all-black and riding an electric
scooter.  I was starting to get skeptical, but she picked the lock in
less than a minute (no damage to the lock), so I was back in my house in
less than an hour from when I called.  Best part is they only charge
fifty bucks, even nights and weekends.  They're unorthodox but they know
what they're doing, and the price is right.  Highly recommended!"

3)  Word will spread like a viral meme.

4)  This will also get press coverage _because_ it was already a news
story when we did the training sessions this weekend.  "Hello, is this
Bob at CBS Radio News?  This is Carlos from Sudo Room.  Remember that
story you did on the lock-picking class?  Well, we wanted to do a
follow-up with you...."

--

Seriously: if ever there was an opportunity to a) launch a bunch of
right-livelihood jobs, b) get good publicity for SudoRoom, c) get good

But we need to pounce on this one like a cat chasing a laser-pointer.
The faster the better if we want to take advantage of the current news-buzz.

-G.

=====