[sudo-discuss] roof access / wires

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Fri Jun 28 08:44:27 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Sounds like there's been some interest at various times in putting stuff on the roof.  I think we should install a waterproof junction box with a few power and data lines on the roof.  There is an old ventilation (steam?) port by the CNC router that I assume we could drop the cables through.  I'm thinking 120VAC up, 12 or 24VDC up/down for solar power, ethernet, and USB should suffice.  I bet there's already 120VAC up there but not sure if we are allowed to slurp directly.  Thoughts?  So far there have been discussions on mesh node, solar panels, uav control, air quality monitoring to name a few.

cheers,
hol