[sudo-discuss] los angeles hackerspaces - telic arts exchanges / public school los angeles

Eddie Che eddiemill at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 12:49:12 PDT 2013

Heard Dr. Dre just gave a bunch ($70 million) for a new school of
arts, music and technology there in LA @USC, the degree is
"disruption" at USC. Talks around it but doesn't say it: creativity
hacking. Teaching will include "engineering, computer science, fine
arts, graphic design, business and leadership training."

http://iovine-young.usc.edu/

Also Romy, have you not used tumblr before? http://eddiemill.tumblr.com/

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Romy Ilano <romy at snowyla.com> wrote:
> derivatives and demonology
>
> http://derivativesanddemonology.tumblr.com/
>
> man. i think it is because they are artists. they have more a sense of humor
> than we do. we're so serious.
>

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Anthony Di Franco <di.franco at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I hear that incense made from ground debit cards is intense.
>>
>> On Jun 22, 2013 7:54 PM, "Romy Ilano" <romy at snowyla.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> if any of you are in los angeles...  i saw my cool feminist asian
>>> american studies firend mimi nguyen speak at telic arts exchange a few years
>>> ago.
>>>
>>> http://www.telic.info/
>>>
>>> I was recommending the place to one of my friends, and I saw that they
>>> run the public school los angeles
>>>
>>> http://www.telic.info/the-public-school
>>>
>>> their blog posts are really hilarious... kind of funnier than ours, which
>>> are so serious.

>>> what the hell is going on here? i guess it's a witty thing on
>>> derivatives, but so funny!
>>>
>>> This makes me consider visiting los angeles again, they are like the
>>> machine room. so funny! all those frustrated film industry people.

Eddie Miller, BU '10
eddiemill at gmail.com | 440-935-5434
Facebook.com/eddiemill | Twitter.com/eddiemill