[sudo-discuss] This Friday 6-7pm DIY Bio - Counter Culture Labs General meeting at Sudo Room

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 08:23:29 PDT 2013

Hi All Sudo and CCL Hackers/Biohackers,

Just a quick announcement that Counter Culture labs will be having our
general meeting this *Friday (last friday of the month as per usual) at
Sudo Room in Oakland from 6-7pm (just booked in the Calendar). *

All biotech enthusiasts are welcome to join and discuss the exciting new
developments with CCL (we're getting ready to move forward on a new biotech
community lab space, with a financial projection/total member discussion
this friday), some of the recent discussions (and advice) we've had from
Genspace+Hacker Dojo and most importantly, a discussion on some of the VERY
cool projects that our members are working on or will be starting up once
our new space opens!

*Some cool stats on Counter Culture labs:*
- Since forming with our first official meeting at Sudo room approximately
6 months ago, Counter culture labs membership has *grown to 76 members*
- Counter Culture labs now has weekly working meetings, which Patrik had
the foresight to lead the development of and Ahnon has successfully hosted
at her home for many weeks to build CCL's infrastructure
- VERY strong social media presence - Ahnon and Mary have led CCL's social
media strategy with incredible zest and Patrik launched our meet up group
which has grown extremely rapidly!
- Great website coming soon - Naomi volunteered to lead the development of
our website and any offers of help are welcome!
- CCL has attracted an incredible amount of Scientists, MD's, Business
People, Tech and Biotech enthusiasts and could possibly be the largest pool
of scientists and MD's of any biohacker space that we're aware of thus far.
This bodes very well for the future of the innovative projects and classes
that will be developed at CCL and hopefully we'll all be able to take part
as a positive force for change in our local communities and on a larger
scale through biotech and science innovation!

*Staying in touch with Counter culture labs: *
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/east-bay-diybio
https://twitter.com/CountrCultrLabs
https://www.facebook.com/CounterCultureLabs

“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with
it, and join the dance." - Alan Watts

Bye from Miami for now!
Ryan

--