[sudo-discuss] full video of documentary on food justice in bay area

Marc Juul marcjc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 00:42:20 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Marina Kukso <marina.kukso at gmail.com>wrote:

> hey all,
>
> a few of us went to a screening this evening of edible city, a documentary
> about the food justice movement in the bay area (and what was particularly
> awesome is that the filmmakers and lots of the people in the movie were at
> the screening and answered questions!).
>
> the whole movie is available here:
> http://ediblecitythemovie.com/help-us-grow/

Looks like an awseome movie. Thanks for sharing!

Even though it seems like an awesome movie (i haven't watched it yet but i
will!) I just wrote them an angry email. It seems that they abuse the term
"open source" in their marketing. Their product does not appear to be
licensed under any open license. It is not free as in speech and it seems
to not even be free as in beer, since they only allow you to watch it on
youtube and screen it for free. They do not even allow you to download or
make copies.

For anyone interested, this is the definition of open source

  http://opensource.org/osd

So technically, a movie can never be open source, unless it is generated by
source code.

--
Marc