[sudo-discuss] deformed cubesat

Steve Berl steveberl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:50:26 PDT 2013

Don't see why it matters much if your satellite survives the crash.

What you want to make sure is that your DATA survives, either because it
was radioed to the ground during the flight, or because you put it in some
sort of indestructible storage device. SD cards are pretty close. An SD
card wrapped in packing foam, in a ziplock bag can survive just about
anything, unless there is a fire...

-steve

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Hol Gaskill <hol at gaskill.com> wrote:

> this is what happens when your carrier rocket crashes before your
> satellite gets up there:
>
> http://i.space.com/images/i/000/030/059/original/Phonesat-damaged-engineers.JPG?1371762031
>
> from story:
> http://www.space.com/21657-cubesats-test-launch-nasa.html