[sudo-discuss] Sudden public interest in basic crypto/security tools.

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Tue Jun 11 09:32:18 PDT 2013

I share your impression about how important it is to seize this public awareness moment.

We should schedule a crypto-party as soon as possible and place hosting a series of these as a top agenda item at the Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces meeting this upcoming weekend.

As I've suggested before, I think the Sudo Room crypto-party should be connected to the official establishment of membership. People who get a sudo-nym, attached to a registered PGP key, are authenticated members. They can vote using their key, communicate securely, pay dues, get dividends, retain persistent online reputation, etc..

sent from eddan.com