[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Another American High Frontier First: 3-D Manufacturing in Space

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Mon Jun 10 19:57:18 PDT 2013

makes alot more sense than pulling barstock around!  glad to see we're moving forward on this with an ISS demo - i think the second prospective space mining company DSI pins their whole business model on 3D printing the parts close to the ore.

3-D Printers in Space. Cool.

Date: Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
>Subject: Another American High Frontier First: 3-D Manufacturing in Space

You are subscribed to Space Station News for NASA.  This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

Another American High Frontier First: 3-D Manufacturing in Space

05/31/2013 12:00 AM EDT

In preparation for a future where parts and tools can be printed on demand in space, NASA and Made in Space Inc. of Mountain View, Calif., have joined to launch equipment for the first 3-D microgravity printing experiment to the International Space Station.

This e-mail update was generated automatically based on your subscriptions. Some updates may belong to more than one category, resulting in duplicate notices.

 Questions? Contact Us

STAY CONNECTED:

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:
>Manage Preferences  |  Unsubscribe  |  Help

This message has been sent by NASA Headquarters · Washington, DC 20546