[sudo-discuss] Sudden public interest in basic crypto/security tools.

William Gillis rechelon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 19:02:51 PDT 2013

Hey Sudoroomers,

I've been deluged by friends this weekend suddenly interested in things
like finally figuring out how to install that there tor, or god forbid
venturing into the realm of pgp. I offered my nonstop 1:1 handholding
services over facebook to any and all friends and have been a little
overwhelmed by the number.

Someone local suggested a teach day at Sudoroom and I thought I'd check to
see if anyone else is interested and, you know, what actual members have to
say.

There has never been a more opportune moment for cryptoparty outreach, and
yet I haven't seen anyone declare anything yet. Am I just out of the loop?