[sudo-discuss] Do any of you want to write a political opinion email that a public officer has to read?

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:46:38 PDT 2013

Whatever you like - the disparate impact IS very unclear!!! The federal
document has examples that help make it clearer, but the BART document
doesn't.

The federal standard is probably well defined by decades of litigation. But
the whole point of making a local policy is that BART can specify its own
definitions of disparate impact (within limits I guess). That means we can
write in like, "disparate impact should mean ..."