[sudo-discuss] Fwd: EastSide Cultural Center - E. Oak Bike Coop Stuff All Day this Sat!

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 20:13:00 PDT 2013

Relevant to our interests:

Saturday, June 8th        10:00am-4:00pm

EastSide Cultural Center

2277 International Blvd, Oakland

In this day-long training we will learn about the racial and economic
inequities built into the Bay Area's public transit system as well as
current social justice campaigns working to reclaim public transit for our
communities. We will also highlight the movement for building, fixing and
riding bikes as one mode of transportation that can provide free,
ecological and self-reliant transportation for many folks in our
communities, both young and adult. There will be a skill-share on basic
bike maintenance and rider safety with instructors from the Bikery and Bikes
4 Life, two people-of-color led bike cooperatives in Oakland.

Earth Skills Trainings are FREE and open to the public.

Donations are encouraged, but not required.  Childcare & translation
available upon request!