[sudo-discuss] Troubleshooting access to the video:

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Sun Jun 2 02:02:01 PDT 2013

YOs-

Wondering if it would be worthwhile to systematically troubleshoot the
problem we're all having trying to access the video.

MacOSX 10.6.8, using Firefox 20.0 and Safari 5.1.8.

Enter the destination given directly by George the landlord:
http://50.1.57.132:81

Shows a screen in light blue with the message "please click icon to load
and install WebkitPlugin:" and "please restart browser to ensure
WebkitPlugin can take effect after install!", and a dark blue arrow
pointing downward as the clickable icon.

Clicking the download button produces a typical sequence of events that
go with downloading something.

Restarting browser, with all privacy settings turned off, produces the
same result.

George the landlord was able to view the video on a desktop machine
running WinXP, probably viewing it in MSIE.  I'm going to guess that
accessing the video requires WinXP w/ MSIE.

I've got an XP machine with IE on it, but setting it up is going to be a
pain (hint: first I'll need a desk-dozer;-)

I'm not going to try on my Win7 machine which is exclusively for PBX/VM
programming on my clients' systems.

Any assistance in getting that video downloaded to a cross-platform
format, would be much appreciated.

This 21st Century Tower-of-Babel effect is beyond maddening.

-G.