[sudo-discuss] collective of collectives / space-agnostic accumulation of momentum

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Fri Dec 13 14:26:49 PST 2013

Hi Folks,

At the meeting wednesday we talked about the space thing for a short while, and one of the points that was brought up is that we are kind of snowballing toward some larger goal and movement here regardless of what form the nuts and bolts take.  I have not been to any of the Omni meetings because of the location, but the more I hear, the more I understand that some kind of serious and I hope irreversible momentum is building.  I don't think sudo/BAPS's current location is perfect, but it might be beneficial to try to attract one or more additional group to 2141, maybe in the other small room as a temporary measure.  There is some sense that George would be more relaxed if he were able to rent out more of the upstairs space.  I'm not betting one way or the other, but that could be a potential fringe benefit secondary to the main goal of building momentum and stabilizing various orgs' membership and resources.  I say this not to delay moving to a new space, but hopefully quite the opposite, to bring that point closer by reducing the perceived risk through knocking out some unknowns and generally building rapport between members of the various orgs.  I'm sure alot has probably been discussed at the omni meetings, but what are peoples' thoughts?

Happy Friday,
Hol