[sudo-discuss] Anyone object to Occupy holding our weekly GA meeting at the common space for a few weeks?

Ed Biow biow at riseup.net
Tue Dec 10 21:23:04 PST 2013

Greetings cronies,

Every Sunday Occupy Oakland meets at OGP (e.g. Frank Ogawa Plaza) at 2PM
for what is rather grandiloquently still referred to as General
Assembly, but lately it has been colder then the proverbial bucket full
of penguin guano and we would like to have our meetings at the sudoroom
common space through the end of January if no one objects unduly.  These
days GA is perhaps a dozen folks, mostly dotards like me, unfortunately
predominantly cursed with a Y chromosome.  We almost never riot and
torch the town these days, mostly just rehash the previous weeks'
political actions and plan the next weeks' protests against the evil
empire.   These days our main focus is labor & debtor solidarity,
anti-repression organizing (e.g. police brutality and surveillance), and
attempts to protect the commons & the environment.

Also, we would like to participate in the crypto-parties next Sunday and
in January.  We certainly want to figure out how to protect our own
communications from being unduly monitored by the state and Daniel & I
may try and train a few of our folks how to use the Wordpress interface
for our web site.  Anywho, I plan to attend the sudoroom weekly meeting
tomorrow after the Oakland Privacy Working Group
<https://sudoroom.org/ai1ec_event/organize-against-the-oakland-domain-awareness-center-meeting/?instance_id=75332>
meeting and see if anyone objects to our presence for the next month and
a half.

Solidarity whenever,

Ed the Red