[sudo-discuss] Anyone having problems with Tor?

Eddie Che eddiemill at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 12:36:06 PST 2013

Wondering if anyone else is having issues feeling like some of the
servers may not have their best interest in mind. My suspicions
started when seeing NSADutch etc come up there, and now there's a
range of sketchy-ness and badass-ness if you look at the network map
as you browse, especially if you're an activist. I have to continually
be closing out these portals to defeat "InvincibleAI," for example.

Since as I understand it tor is an evolving project, is what's going on:
a) it turns out anyone can make a server... so there's some percentage
of those who will take traffic and data and not have your best
interests in mind?
b) this is fine perfectly safe, none of the data and traffic is stored
on these servers?
c) there's other things with privacy we have to collectively worry
about, like what information we give to companies and their integrity,
d) this is a battle it's evolving and so we don't really know yet?
e) some other hack-option?

--
Eddie Miller, BU '10
eddiemill at gmail.com | 440-935-5434