[sudo-discuss] Fwd: from Tim Huet; URGENT info and help needed​

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Sun Dec 1 23:45:07 PST 2013

Yo everyone: This is majorly important.  This issue will be decided by a
small handful of votes, so if you have an account at Coop Credit Union,
you need to be at this meeting to make your voice heard and your vote count.

The issue at stake comes down to this:  Old-guard Board members are
upset with Tye, Tim, and Mike, for insisting on accountability to the
Credit Union membership.  The old-guard wants to throw out the
"radicals" and get back to business as usual.

I know Tye, Tim, and Mike.  They're ferociously committed to cooperative
values of membership democracy and participation, and they walk their
talk.  Tim has been involved in a number of successful worker coop
startups in the Bay Area over the last 15+ years.  All three are
committed to an agenda that will lead to starting more worker coops and
strengthening those that already exist.

This vote is about whether the "radicals" get to keep their Board seats,
or whether the old-guard gets to throw them out.

This is a critical turning point for the Coop Credit Union.

The meeting is this Tuesday evening, 03 December, at 6:00PM (get there
early!), at the Ed Roberts Campus, which is located directly above Ashby
BART station.  Tell your friends and spread the word: anyone with an
account is a member and has a vote, and every single vote matters.

-G.

=====