[sudo-discuss] rPis >$ Thinkpads

rusty lindgren rustylindgren at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 15:37:31 PDT 2013

Well, the rPi foundation designed that computer to make a low cost,
low-power alternative for computer science students, but it is a pretty
sweet computer for other purposes.  Depends on what you mean by "it's meant
to do this or that."

In this case, I've been hearing people(quite a few actually) talk about
using the rpis as desktop replacements for teaching at-risk youth and
adults, but this discussion will probably come up again.

Actually, the real cost is in the monitor, and if we could figure out how
to plug an rpi into a laptop monitor, and build a simple case, we'd have a
recipe for a pretty sweet machine that can do all kinds of things. and it
would have a pretty unholy battery life.

-Rusty

--
Cheers,

Rusty Lindgren