[sudo-discuss] "I will make them disabled"

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Thu Apr 25 12:27:26 PDT 2013

Big +1 to David! hopefully some of us are going over there to check it out
today at 3pm. I'll take pictures / if you can join us that would be great
or maybe we can schedule another time for a joint Sudo Room / AMT viewing.

I wanted to also throw in that Roshambo Media is also looking for a new
office space due to some landlord issues (ie. raising the rent arbitrarily)
and we'd be sad without sudo room next door. We are looking for a space
where we can close the door and make noise for about $300/month. if there
is a space on either floor like that we'd take it in a heart beat.

--Andrew

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM, David Rorex <drorex at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just had an idea...AMT is looking for a new space too, how about we take
> the 4200 sq ft floor and you guys take the 1100 sq ft floor? Would that be
> awesome or what? Oakland Hacker Central! Right now AMT is getting about
> $3200-3500/mo in member dues, so we'd need to stretch a little bit, but I
> think with some fundraising we might be able to pull it off.
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Andrew <andrew at roshambomedia.com> wrote:
>
>> I can go over at 3pm today as well
>> On Apr 25, 2013 5:52 AM, "Romy Ilano" <romy at snowyla.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I love the idea of a list of requirements.
>>>
>>> For me, I like the current SudoRoom spaces because of the big common
>>> area with a library like space.  any future space for work or play for me
>>> would have a lovely common room as well.
>>>
>>>  If any future area has a safe common area that's a layer removed from
>>> the street that's pretty cool.
>>>
>>> I think it helps a lot with welcoming newcomers, who  might feel
>>> claustrophic jumping into the SudoRoom right away.
>>>
>>> the common area also does a lot to dissolve potential conflicts, as it
>>> provides many peaceful spaces away from the sudoRoom itself. noisebridge
>>> has a lot of side rooms that serve the same purpose.
>>>

>>> I like that the common area is not at street level and that people have
>>> to make a commitment to walk up the stairs... but then the common room is
>>> like a halfway point, a nice limbo where people can dip in and out of the
>>> sudoroom before making up their minds.
>>>
>>>  I used to volunteer at Rock Paper Scissors Collective and we'd get all
>>> sorts of interesting characters, but they have a storefront, so it's a
>>> different vibe.
>>>

>>> i like the random interactions we have with the Public School. i feel
>>> that they are doing the same thing as us in a twisted kind of way.

-------
Andrew Lowe
Cell: 831-332-2507
http://roshambomedia.com