[sudo-discuss] donated PCs - which ones are fastest?

Ray Lai raymond.wm.lai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:23:57 PDT 2013

 A linux install & inventory day sounds like a great idea. I volunteer! I volunteer!

TIL suggestions:
- linux install day
- hardware assessment & repair (can b combined with the above)
- the art of intuitive troubleshooting (and believe me it is ultimately an art)

Cheers,

Raymond Lai
Ice Cream Man
Atomic Ice Cream
Facebook.com/MotoAtomico

On Apr 23, 2013, at 3:49 PM, William Budington <bill at inputoutput.io> wrote:

> It'd be cool to have a Linux installfest / fixup day!  Folks can bring
> their own computers to install Linux on and we can provide the
> installation media.  Today I learned sounds like a good place for it.
> Bill
>
> On 04/23/2013 01:47 PM, Marina Kukso wrote:
>> hey hol, thanks for kicking off the dreaded repair discussion. would anyone
>> be interested in a "fix it day" today i learned sometime soon?
>>
>> - marina
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Hol Gaskill <hol at gaskill.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> We might have somebody coming by to showcase a kinect/arduino based
>>> project and from my undestanding it runs on PCs "the faster the better"
>>>
>>> Anyone know offhand which of the armada of donated boxes might be most
>>> powerful?  Planning to set one up tonight.
>>>
>>> Also in general, we should do a survey of which computer parts esp
>>> monitors are functional.  Would be nice to have a row of desktops set up in
>>> the common area...I think they have a bar-like configuration at the holdout
>>> with a few PCs.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hol