[sudo-discuss] "I will make them disabled"

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Tue Apr 23 11:22:56 PDT 2013

It's very difficult to have a landlord with no clear boundaries. I get the
feeling we are not the kind of tenants he wants to be working with, or is
capable of working with. I have my own share of George stories.

If we want to stay in the space, I would suggest that we be proactive in
getting him  to modify the lease so that we can all be on the same page
with expectations. I think it's also fair to say that we've pushed pretty
hard on him as well with what his expectation may have been for us, for
example having large events in the common area is no in the lease as far as
I know, but he has allowed it to happen, but because we don't have an
actual agreement hes coming back
with arbitrary enforcement of arbitrary rules.

so we either:

1. move

or

2. make sure that our expectations from and for the landlord are in writing

or

3. Continue to take his arbitrary rants at random members of sudo room, and
just placate (or ignore) him as much as possible (what we are already
doing).

--Andrew

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Gregg Horton <greggahorton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Then how is SR going to make a safe non-abusive space with this guy as
> landlord?
>

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Yardena Cohen <yardenack at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Romy Ilano <romy at snowyla.com> wrote:
>> > - Could we have a rule of SudoRoom members not interacting with him?
>>
>> Who is this rule for? Do you appreciate the actual problem? He
>> literally has a habit of going up to people using the bathroom and
>> yelling at them through the door.
>>
>> I don't want SR to move either.

-------
Andrew Lowe