[sudo-discuss] "I will make them disabled"

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:44:56 PDT 2013

Throwing in my landlord anecdote:

The landlord also gave me a really hard time about having my son in the
space when my son, who is 2.5 years old, had an unfortunate "couldn't get
to the potty in time" accident.  There was no leakage, just a pants mess to
clean up, but the landlord insisted on taking me to task WHILE I was trying
to manage a freaked out little boy and get him cleaned up in the bathroom.

(I mean for fuck's sake, at least save your pointless tirade for AFTER I am
done in the bathroom, otherwise the little boy WILL leave a mess.)

That's been my one and only interaction with him thus far (happened about 4
weeks ago), so I am not going to judge him, personally, from a single
datapoint.  But i do think it bears mentioning.

--Naomi

On Monday, April 22, 2013, Gregg Horton wrote:

> Maybe its time to find a new space, that's totally fucked up.
>
> On 4/21/13 9:37 PM, Yardena Cohen wrote:
> > Quoth our landlord. He's referring to hypothetical genderqueer people
> > who may need to use a bathroom other than the men's and women's, if he
> > finds them in the single stall bathroom with the wheelchair on it. He
> > said Men's and Women's bathroom are enough to suit everyone's needs,
> > and muttered something about people wanting "special privileges" on
> > the way out. I hope you will agree that this is a problem.
> >
> > On a related topic, the women's bathroom never has soap. Vicky and I
> > bought a giant container a while ago, and it has recently disappeared
> > and not been replaced. There are also never toilet paper or paper
> > towel refills, so we have been storing backup rolls in the Sudoroom
> > closet. We are not going to store them in the bathroom because they'll
> > probably disappear too. Relatedly, one day last week it was very hot
> > in that bathroom and I set up a fan to circulate the air in it. The
> > fan also disappeared.
> >
> > I am rather frustrated, in case you can't tell.
> >
> > I also want to point out that as many problems I have with the owner
> > of Sudoroom's building, I agree with him about the furniture
> > situation. People have GOT to take care to put furniture away, and
> > leave the common area look as clean and empty as possible when you
> > leave it. The campsite rule is: "leave it at least as good as you
> > found it". You should follow that everywhere in life, but ESPECIALLY
> > in Sudoroom's common area. He's threatened many times to just remove
> > all the furniture himself. Given my experience with his personality
> > profile and past behavior I would rate this as about 60% likely; more
> > if people don't get their act together about cleaning shit up.

Naomi Theora Most
naomi at nthmost.com
+1-415-728-7490

skype: nthmost