[sudo-discuss] "I will make them disabled"

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 21:37:47 PDT 2013

Quoth our landlord. He's referring to hypothetical genderqueer people
who may need to use a bathroom other than the men's and women's, if he
finds them in the single stall bathroom with the wheelchair on it. He
said Men's and Women's bathroom are enough to suit everyone's needs,
and muttered something about people wanting "special privileges" on
the way out. I hope you will agree that this is a problem.

On a related topic, the women's bathroom never has soap. Vicky and I
bought a giant container a while ago, and it has recently disappeared
and not been replaced. There are also never toilet paper or paper
towel refills, so we have been storing backup rolls in the Sudoroom
closet. We are not going to store them in the bathroom because they'll
probably disappear too. Relatedly, one day last week it was very hot
in that bathroom and I set up a fan to circulate the air in it. The
fan also disappeared.

I am rather frustrated, in case you can't tell.

I also want to point out that as many problems I have with the owner
of Sudoroom's building, I agree with him about the furniture
situation. People have GOT to take care to put furniture away, and
leave the common area look as clean and empty as possible when you
leave it. The campsite rule is: "leave it at least as good as you
found it". You should follow that everywhere in life, but ESPECIALLY
in Sudoroom's common area. He's threatened many times to just remove
all the furniture himself. Given my experience with his personality
profile and past behavior I would rate this as about 60% likely; more
if people don't get their act together about cleaning shit up.