[sudo-discuss] UPDATE: Anonymizing the Email List Archives

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Thu Apr 18 16:36:48 PDT 2013

Anthony: Honestly, instead of trying to figure out if it would break
everything and then coming up with an elegant solution, we just decided to
sidestep the issue by using the same number of characters.

We could turn the whole thing in to a script to put on the sudo git hub, if
you want to help with that let me know.

--Andrew

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Hol Gaskill <hol at gaskill.com> wrote:

> thank you for working this out, y'all are great!
> cheers
>

> Apr 18, 2013 04:26:07 PM, andrew at roshambomedia.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> >In accordance with the action item from yesterday's meeting, Bill and I
> have come up with a process for replacing strings in the archive. If you
> would like this for you please let us know. What we need to know is what
> strings (last name, first name, phone numbers, emails) you would like to be
> replaced. We would like to the replace strings to have the same number of
> characters as the original, so if you just want "anon" we will add random
> numbers to pad it out. If you want something else, let us know.
>
> >Keep in mind that this only changes the archive up to when we do it, so
> any emails you send after we replace strings will be archived as is. If you
> want to remain anonymous you should re signup to the list with a new email.
>
> >If you have any questions about this please let me know.
> >Thanks,Andrew
> >
> >--
> >-------Andrew LoweCell: 831-332-2507
> http://roshambomedia.com