[sudo-discuss] sudo revenue options - lockers

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 23:07:36 PDT 2013

Noisebridge has been volleying this idea a lot lately.  I like this idea.
 I like the idea of deploying these lockers well before theft becomes an
issue, and with the express purpose of generating revenue for the space.
 Most of all, it would be smart to deploy lockers well ahead of
any cultural entrenchment against the idea.

In sum, I'm all for it. I would help fund under the same conditions.

It would be nice to have a variety of sizes.

--Naomi

On Monday, April 15, 2013, Hol Gaskill wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> there was some discussion a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away
> about having lockers in the space and renting them out to members to
> generate revenue / encourage people to work on long-term projects here
> and/or allow them to just not carry as much home between visits
>
> tall kind, probably not ideal:
> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mat/3734207524.html
>
> smaller cube size:
> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bfd/3704726575.html
>

> i think it would be a good idea to throw in a few lockers and have people
> sign up for recurring payments in order to reserve them.  if seems like a
> good idea, i'd be willing to buy them if i can be reimbursed AFTER the
> locker program breaks even.
>
> thoughts?
>
> hol

Naomi Theora Most