[sudo-discuss] Live-tweeting #oaklandnightslive

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 09:05:19 PDT 2013

hi everyone,

i just wanted to let everyone know that oakland nights live was absolutely
fantastic to have in our space yesterday. they set up and performed a free
show (excuse me, a free *awesome* show) which brought over 100 people to
the space. they highlighted sudo room a number of times and gave anthony
the opportunity to make an absolutely amazing pitch for sudo room at which
point matt started a collection basket which netted us $126 (!!!). vicky
had an excellent long piece about oakland wiki. during intermission, they
encouraged people to explore sudo room and we gave lots of people tours,
signed them up for lists, etc. finally, THEY CLEANED EVERYTHING UP AT THE
END, PUT OUR PEWS BACK IN PLACE, AND EVEN VACUUMED.

they've asked us whether they can have their shows hosted at sudo every
month and i would very strongly support that. let's discuss on our next
meeting.

- marina