[sudo-discuss] Sudo Square

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Wed Apr 10 17:15:10 PDT 2013

Hi all -

I wanted to ask a flash-mob like favor from folks coming to Sudo Room this evening. Over the summer, several of us created the Sudo Square page at Foursquare (https://foursquare.com/v/sudo-square/50074796e4b092cb5fe8c83d) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sudo-Square/351059718301717) as part of a plan to name the plaza at the intersection of Broadway, 19th, & Franklin. Can you please check-in on your way in?

It's a lovely day and the Punchdown (http://www.punchdownwine.com/) already put out the outdoor table seating. I'll be hanging out there until the meeting and will remind Sudo folk I see.

Given the democratization of nomenclature afforded by geo-located mobile computing, I thought it most appropriate to have some kind of coordinated crowd in-checking initiative. There are some pictures, but it's a placeholder so far. So far as we know (& the Oakland Wiki folks could correct us), the square does not yet have a name.

So not just today - but anytime - when you're passing by 22nd & Broadway and you're itching to check in on Facebook or Foursquare, or Yelp, or however it is you go about telling the world instantaneously where you are - please check in at Sudo Square - often and tell your friends about it too. I am also now trying to compile a list of the existing sites & services use for geo-located check-in fun - so let me know if you know of others.

Perhaps during one of the upcoming Art Murmurs - we can have an official check-in dedication ceremony - we can invite the mayor.

sent from eddan.com