[sudo-discuss] Connecting Oakland's Top 10 Social + SudoRoom [[Oakland positive mojo synergy]]

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Apr 10 10:17:34 PDT 2013

I reached out to Michael Orange from Top 10 social in downtown Oakland.

Their events are parties, have more up and coming young African American
professionals, and are all around of a different, highly complementary vibe
to SudoRoom.

Top 10 social has held a lot of great art benefits--gallery benefits for
the family of youth murdered in Chicago (that one made me cry!), a Game
Changers project for filmmakers working on microdocumentaries.They also
sponsor talks on food justice and bringing healthier options to the
African-American community in Oakland and other urban areas.

- I'm talking to Michael Orange to see what projects would make sense for
Top 10 social and Sudo Room. I've known him for a couple of years, he's a
great guy.
- I threw around a few ideas that were brought up by various community
groups and Sudo Room Members -- sudo room people helping community
workshops fixing senior citizens' computers, bike fixing workshops, etc.
- I'm waiting for Michael to reply--if they have space for us I think it
would be a nice complement to SudoRoom! They are great folks, and I like
how they are differnet from us. They dress up a lot nicer than we do,so
they could be the yang to our yin or vice versa.