[sudo-discuss] fabulous friday films

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Thu Apr 4 18:01:37 PDT 2013

I'm always down for hacker movies and documentaries. And seriously want to
do a Hacker History talk. Here's something of particular interest to Sudo
Room.. it's an 11 min doc about the cDc filmed at New Hack City which was
an early hacker space in SF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvlr8nVVmlU

--Andrew

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM, William Budington <bill at inputoutput.io>wrote:

> There's this Russian hacker film that has genies & nmap in it.  My two
> favorite things.  My friend has a copy of it, I'll try to get ahold of it.
>
> It would be cool to do some screenings of particluar movements in film.
>  Like a French New Wave series, or post-vaudeville slapstick humor.
>
> Bill
>
> On 04/04/2013 09:11 AM, rusty lindgren wrote:
> > It will actually be on May 25th at 7:30pm.
> >
> > -Rusty
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Julio Rios <julio.rios at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I agreed to follow-up on the discussion Marina started on
> >> https://sudoroom.org/wiki/page/Fabulous_Friday_Films
> >>
> >> So far, we have two confirmed screenings in May:
> >>
> >>    - May 3: Money and Life Documentary <
> http://www.moneyandlifemovie.com/>
> >>     Kevin
> >>    - May 24: Who Bombed Judi Bari? <http://www.whobombedjudibari.com/>
> >>    Rusty
> >>

> >> There are other suggested screenings which anyone can tackle, or add
> your
> >> own suggestions.  Just add your name to it and move it to the
> >> "Confirmed" section.  There are 4 Fridays open before the first
> confirmed
> >> screening!
> >>
> >> Those coordinating each film should make sure the event is on the
> calendar<https://sudoroom.org/calendar/>,
> >> get all the content and equipment ready for the event, and figure out
> >> how/if to use it as a fundraising opportunity.
> >>
> >> I jotted some ideas about fundraising too.  Feel free to add your own.
> >> This is going to be fun!
> >> ~J

> fridays.

-------