[sudo-discuss] TIL: Hacking Sexual Health

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Thu Apr 4 13:01:44 PDT 2013

This is a great idea!
In the 1990s I used to go to some punk rock feminist women's health talks.
One session had us doing self-examinations using speculums with mirrors.
I'd like to throw that into the "stone soup" of a mix!

http://www.fwhc.org/health/selfcare.htm

- I'm unsure how comfortable most women would be doing self-examinations in
front of men.
- Using speculums and mirrors was very informative! I never realized how
most women are taught to think of their privates as dirty--so much so to
the point that they didn't know how their lady parts worked!