[sudo-discuss] So what are our options?

Troy ecoeconomist11 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 19:04:56 PDT 2013

I hear of the stuff that governement and big business do and conspire to do in piecemeal plans.

Plansto slowly grip control over people and erode our rights like the tide of the ocean with a hypnotizing consistency.

A consistency that paralyzes people through the legal framework of fighting through the court system which can be won ( hats off to EFF and others on the frontlines ) but if not pursuing themselves often hear of as a removed experience from them until they find themselves signing away what is concievably recognized as normal should be rights in a contract or no service.

It is a form of econosocial extorsion and i see a need for people to be plugged in with collective action more than "Donate here so WE can save you" instead of educating people about how to take action and support more than just causes.

Causes are the fragmented approach to the fragmentation of our lives through the structural contradictions inherent in society that has not provided us with basic necessities so that we can discover the answers to the basic questions as to
1.)'why we are here;
2.)what are we to do?' ...
3.)'how did we get here;
4.) where are wr going?'
not necessarily in that order.

i tire of having others do the work to protect me and act in my supposed best interest if they cannot answer simple questions as to why this effects me, how i can protect myself and my community by taking actions within my own realm of influence?

So basically the question comes back to : what are our options?

we claim to want transparency.

yet when the internet we use is changing the dynamics so that the people will be the first to become transparent, we freak out.

this is understandable and predictable as those in power and the holders(legitimate theives ) of societiy's wealth do not participate in the transparency they a few claim to be part of their principles.

I see that anything that ever changes in society start in the lowest castè or class of that society.

One of the greatest untapped powers of the People in the systematically organized collective action of boycotting and investing in meeting our own needs through the formation of a collective( as in business collective).

But how often do you hear of a city that has its own citizen run newspaper with contributing authors from throughout the community and discussing what the community desires collectively using real metrics and organized demographics?

how often do you hear about communities working together to isolate businesses that have harmed the community and driving them out ?

Education with activities to build experience are required I agree. Yet how can we create these opportunities for learning when there is no culture of mentorship where those of greater experience actually take the time to SHOW their students instead of merely lecturing them as the elders of our communities have proclivities toward doing?

I have brought up many questions yes but i feel that through an open, honest, and well positioned question we can open up the dialogue toward reaching viable answers.

Sincerely,

Troy Massey

"You are the source of Freedom : the price of Freedom is awareness and action"