[Mesh] 5 ghz rooftop node in west oakland

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 21:07:53 PST 2013

Auspicious! We've officially deployed in 2013 ;)

I posted this report to our new blog: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh/Blog

(this wiki page is RSS-enabled, please feel free to make posts!)

/jnny

On 12/31/2013 07:27 PM, Marc wrote:
> Pete and myself Installed a nanostation m5 on a 20 foot aluminum
> flagpole in west oakland. The node is about 14 feet above the roof
> of a two-story building. The total cost of this install ran to
> about $145 including all materials.
>
> Bill of Materials:
>
> * One nanostation m5 loco * One 4 foot wood beam of 3.5" by 3.5" *
> Three 5" by 1/4" bolts * Three 5/8" washers for bolts (optional) *
> Three 1/2" washers for bolts (optional) * Two 5" hose clamps * 30+
> feet of outdoor shielded ethernet cable * Two shielded/groundable
> ethernet plugs * A bunch of zip ties
>
> The optional washers make it easier to tighten and untighten the
> bolts (otherwise they dig into the wood).
>
> Material sources:
>
> * Nanostation from Amazon * Flag pole from habor freight *
> Everything else from home depot
>
> - marc/juul

- --
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

- -Laurie Anderson

"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
it."
 -Hannah Arendt

- -Stéphane Mallarmé