[Mesh] From a week ago

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 13:27:52 PST 2013

Thanks for bringing this up Jeremy. This story has been banging around in
my head since it was announced. I'm wondering how much it cost, what kind
of advertising might be involved (I haven't tried it), and if there might
be some messaging opportunity here. Along the lines of:

*In San Francisco, taxpayers just spent a lot of money to provide to light
up a limited area, with a service that bombards you with ads. In Oakland,
we have a different vision. Why put a burden on our strained City budget,
or the time of our elected leaders? Why limit wifi access to a certain,
economically preferred part of town? Do we have the ability to offer free,
or inexpensive, connectivity to the Internet, or to one another at least,
for Oakland residents? Yeah? Well, let's do it! Join us!*

-Pete